Monday, September 23, 2013

FB post of 2017

As I look at the blinking cursor on my Facebook page that proceeded grayed out words "write something" I smirk at the irony of being distracted to view friends posts in the middle of writing my second book series. To put down my writing in order to peruse FB and then am reminded to get back to it, like a fortune cookie. But that's the way of the universe when you're in tuned to the Creator of it. It's 2017 and I have published 3 books, a trilogy, about a teenage warrior princess living in this earthly realm while trying to access a heavenly realm. All three have been successfully acknowledged on the New York Best Seller's list and have been shopped around for movie rights.
Personally, my husband and I are about to celebrate our son's 3rd birthday who is obsessed with books and nature and longs to have his birthday party at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. "Mama! Fish!" he says which astounds me that he knows "fish" is already plural but I do miss the way children place "ies" at the end of everything. My Hubby has helped and inspected another hotel opening in Puerto Rico and with all the traveling it'll be nice to be together for Junior's birthday party.
I've become a professional swimmer, in my own humble opinion, to which late night writing and research has demanded of me. Blue pool, cool water, vigorous laps, and soothing respites in between have attributed to my steady writing.
My Bestie Bree has decided to do a destination wedding in St. Thomas which I'm ecstatic about.
My Twinkie has opened her own salon in Los Angeles.
My brother Jovanny is expecting his second child while enjoying flying helicopters for tycoons and celebrities.
My sister Jadi has become an awesome talent scout for a major fashion magazine to which my niece Anira has graced the cover.
My sister Dee lives in Italy with my niece Lia studying how to become the world's most feared and loved pastry chef.
My Mother is happily in love and that's the greatest gift she could ever give me.
4 years have passed since I've embarked on this journey of self discovery and I am full to the brim of God's love and grace and power and presence in my life. I've asked Him to use me in this world and he has shown me the epitome of Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

3 comments: