Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One Second

One second ago the donut was in my mouth...now my thighs hate me.
One second ago we were in love...now I can't stand to look at her.
One second ago I had beautiful pageant hair...now I'm staring at the fried bleach pieces going down the bathtub drain.
One second ago I had a shot of tequila with a stranger...now you're 13 years old wanting to know who your father is.
One second ago I was driving when I got a text...now I can't try out for the lacrosse team.
One second ago I was scurrying after my umbrella in the storm...now I'm going on my first date in a year.
One second ago our dog was giving puppies...now we're burying her in the yard next to 17 years of bones she's buried here.
One second ago your mother and I were married...now I can't wait until you move out of my house so we can start dating again.

A lot can happen in a second.

It's hard to take it literally when its applied to just about every situation as a reference of regret or shock or luck. I don't think I can apply it to its specific definition; one second.
So if the popular use of "one second", in which the use of time is based on an individual and not any scientific constrictions then when my husband says "Gimme a second." Why do I still want to throttle him like a turkey on Thanksgiving?!!!

Today's entry says, "What can happen in a second?"

Well literally...

You can blink, type, sneeze, microwave something, think, speak, decide, snap, kiss...

Yea the non-technical definition is more fun.

One second ago I was sitting at the kitchen table wondering what to write...now day one of my blog is complete!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment